This is a ficticious model.
Our model represents reality in a limited way:
- only some important factors are included
(neither "extreme drought" nor "pests" nor "strikes" etc.)
- all results are reckoned in Model Currency
(not in Euro, and tonnes of yield are transfered into Currency)
- varying market prices are ignored
- the climate setting is mediterranean with hot and dry summers
(and not for example monsoon climate)
- and further restrictions
So what can you do with such a model?
- Test your hypotheses concerning growth conditions
of different plants.
- Test the degree of irrigation needed by various crops.
- Optimise your yield.
- Find out which product needs irrigation.
- Which product depends heavily on irrigation?
- Which product could also be planted without irrigation? Under what conditions?
The following table will help you to do different experiments in a systematic way: