1. Questions on the picture:
- What is your first impression?
- How did Turner make it obvious that the ship is within a storm?
- What happens to the ships in the middle of the picture?
- How does Turner guide us through his picture?
- In which epoch has the picture been painted?
2. Draw your own storm picture and use Turners picture as your role model.
Also make use of the complementary contrast of violet and orange and the effects of shadow and light.
Here you can see another modern painting of ships in the storm.